赛灵思
直播中

李冬梅

7年用户 135经验值
私信 关注
[问答]

使用PLL_ADV从CLK_IN时VCO频率远高于Spartan-6允许的频率

嗨!我正在试验用作解串器的Spartan-6。
我无法100%无错误,所以不幸的是我需要更仔细地分析我的代码的行为(以及我在那里使用的原语:ISERDES,ODELAY2和校准机制 - 也许他们给了我很多时间)。
为此,我想使用非常慢的时钟信号(使用示波器更容易观察,更多时间记录一些值)。
此时我遇到了一个问题:我使用PLL_ADV从CLK_IN中产生三个时钟。
PLL具有反馈环路(与图3-5中所示的完全相同 -  ug382_c3_04_081710)。
在此设置中,只要我将CLKOUT0_DIVIDE设置为大于'1'的任何值,我的VCO频率远高于Spartan-6允许的频率。
在选择PLL_ADV参数时我依赖于CoreGenerator,但在计算数字时忽略了反馈循环,因此对我来说没用(至少我无法弄清楚它对我有什么帮助)。
我将欣赏一些关于如何使用CLK_IN =(比如)40 MHz同时输出时钟为80 MHz,10 MHz和5 MHz的提示,同时确保f_VCO处于适当的范围内。
我正在重复这个问题,因为我已经标记为已解决的原始线程可能没有引起太多关注。
对不起双重帖子,如果这是问题.RegardsPawel

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

Hi!

I am experimenting with Spartan-6 used as a deserializer. I cannot make it 100% error-free so unfortunately I need to analyze closer the behaviour of my code (and the primitives I use there: ISERDES, ODELAY2 and the callibration mechanism -- maybe they are giving me hard time). To this end I would like to work with very slow clock signals (easier to observe things with oscilloscope, more time to record some values). At this point I hit on a problem:

I am using the PLL_ADV to make three clocks out of CLK_IN. The PLL has a feedback loop (exactly like the one shown on Fig. 3-5 -- ug382_c3_04_081710). In this set-up anytime I set CLKOUT0_DIVIDE to anything larger than '1', I get the VCO frequency much higher than allowed for Spartan-6. While selecting PLL_ADV params I relied on CoreGenerator, but it ignores the feedback loop while calculating the numbers, so is useless for me (at least I cannot figure out how could it help me) .

I will appreciate some hints on how do I work with CLK_IN = (say) 40 MHz while the output clocks are 80 MHz, 10 MHz, and 5 MHz, while making sure that the f_VCO is in proper range.

I am repeating this question since chances are that the original thread that I already marked as solved does not attact too much attention. Sorry for double posts in case this is problem.

Regards

Pawel

回帖(7)

潘晶燕

2019-7-24 06:48:23
p,
哪个家庭?
斯巴达6,还是3倍?
Austin Lesea主要工程师Xilinx San Jose

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

p,

Which family?  Spartan 6, or 3x?

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose
举报

李皓茗

2019-7-24 07:03:17
嗨!
非常感谢您的兴趣。
我使用的是Spartan-6(XC6SLX45-2)。
帕维尔

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

Hi!

Many thanks for interest. I am using Spartan-6 (XC6SLX45-2).

Pawel

举报

潘晶燕

2019-7-24 07:15:31
p,
内部节点输出需要为80 MHz(和反馈),因此您可能有一个80 MHz的输出(除输出的分频器= 1),以及其他速率(具有更大的分频器):10 = MHz的divide = 8

我想你只需要正确设置选项......
Austin Lesea主要工程师Xilinx San Jose

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

p,

The internal node output needs to be 80 MHz (and the feedback) so that you may have one output at 80 MHz (divider for than output = 1), and the other rates (which have larger dividers): divide=8 for 10 MHz, etc.

I think you just have to set the options up properly...
Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose
举报

李皓茗

2019-7-24 07:32:09
谢谢。
只是为了确保我跟着你......
我需要三个CLK_IN = 40 MHz的时钟。
VCO需要在400  -  1000 MHz之间运行。
所以用我的CLK_IN到达那里(比如400MHz)(使用ug382.pdf中的公式3-1)我宁愿设置DIVCLK_DIVIDE = 1(和CLKOUT0_DIVIDE = 1),但是我需要CLKFBOUT_MULT = 20.好的,这个
使我的f_VCO = 400 MHz(这很好),但CLK0_OUT也是400 MHz,我不需要。
我的反馈将以此频率运行。
当f_VCO为400 MHz时,我可以将CLKOUT1_DIVIDE = 5设置为80 MHz(我需要),CLKOUT2_DIVIDE = 40以获得我的10 MHz时钟,最后CLKOUT2_DIVIDE = 80(仍可接受)以获得我的5 MHz。
坦率地说,我不知道如何以不同的方式设置这一切。
这是你的建议吗?
反馈循环是否会以频率运行。
5x实际有用的PLL输出对抖动等有负面影响吗?
问候
帕维尔

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

Thanks. Just to make sure I follo you...

I need three clocks with CLK_IN = 40 MHz. The VCO needs to run somewhere between 400 - 1000 MHz. So to get there (say to 400MHz) with my CLK_IN (using formula 3-1 from ug382.pdf) I would rather set DIVCLK_DIVIDE = 1 (and CLKOUT0_DIVIDE = 1, too), but then I need CLKFBOUT_MULT = 20. OK, this makes my f_VCO = 400 MHz (which is fine), but CLK0_OUT is also 400 MHz which I do not need. My feedback will run at this frequency.

With f_VCO at 400 MHz, I surly can set CLKOUT1_DIVIDE = 5 to get 80 MHz (which I need), CLKOUT2_DIVIDE = 40 to get my 10 MHz clock, and finally CLKOUT2_DIVIDE = 80 (still acceptable) to get my 5 MHz. Frankly, I do not see how to set this all up differently.

Is that what you are suggesting? Will the feedback loop running at a freq. 5x the actuall useful PLL's output have any negative effect on jitter etc?

Regards

Pawel

举报

更多回帖

发帖
完善资料,
赚取积分