赛灵思
直播中

胡少莹

7年用户 226经验值
私信 关注
[问答]

请问怎么才能改进Spartan-6 DCM_CLKGEN的抖动容限?

大家好,
据称DCM_CLKGEN具有“改善CLKIN上的抖动容限”(UG382 v1.6,p73),但如果您转至当前数据手册(DS162 v2.4),DCM_CLKGEN部分会将您(请注1,第63页)引回
在DFS模式下,常规DCM_SP使用相同的操作条件(表55. p60)。
我绝对希望有一些改进的抖动容限!
有没有人对这个明显的异常有任何见解?
谢谢,
格里L

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

Hi All,

The DCM_CLKGEN is claimed to have "Improved jitter tolerance on CLKIN" (UG382 v1.6, p73), but if you go to the current data sheet (DS162 v2.4) the DCM_CLKGEN section refers you back (Note 1, p63) to the same operating conditions table that is used by the regular DCM_SP in DFS mode (Table 55. p60).

I definitely would like some of that improved jitter tolerance!  Does anyone have any insights into this apparent anomaly?

Thanks,
Gerry L

回帖(1)

张晓宁

2019-6-11 11:11:20
我绝对希望有一些改进的抖动容限!
有没有人对这个明显的异常有任何见解?
我不会称之为异常。
这更像是过度简化的建议或缺少一组性能图表。
抖动容限是传递函数,而不是逻辑切换功能。
表55未标记为“所需操作条件”,标记为“推荐操作条件”。
我的猜测是:在DCM_CLKGEN模式下运行,DCM具有 - 设计 - 更大的输入抖动容限。
如果输入抖动容限的增加量化并发布在数据表(DS162)中,则必须根据该规范测试每个生产部件。
对于(主要)数字逻辑器件的生产线来说,这是一项昂贵的模拟测试,即使可以简明地定义定量规范和测试程序。
毕竟,有关于时钟抖动,定义和测量实践的全部书籍。
话虽如此,阅读有关DCM_SP与DCM_CLKGEN模式的抖动容限差异的描述会很有意思,但是当Xilinx的知识产权警察“清理”可能披露或暗示专有IP的任何内容的描述时(即
商业机密),毕竟,描述可能并不那么有趣。
- 鲍勃埃尔金德
签名:新手的自述文件在这里:http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369总结:1。
阅读手册或用户指南。
你读过手册了吗?
你能找到手册吗?2。
搜索论坛(并搜索网页)以寻找类似的主题。
不要在多个论坛上发布相同的问题。
不要在别人的主题上发布新主题或问题,开始新的主题!5。
学生:复制代码与学习设计不同.6“它不起作用”不是一个可以回答的问题。
提供有用的详细信息(请与网页,数据表链接).7。
您的代码中的评论不需要支付额外费用。
我没有支付论坛帖子的费用。
如果我写一篇好文章,那么我一无所获。

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

I definitely would like some of that improved jitter tolerance!  Does anyone have any insights into this apparent anomaly?

I wouldn't call this an anomaly.  It's more like a case of oversimplified recommendations or a missing set of performance graphs.  Jitter tolerance is a transfer function, not a logic switching function.

Table 55 is not labeled  "Required Operating Conditions", it's labeled "Recommended Operating Conditions".

My guess is this:  Operating in DCM_CLKGEN mode, the DCM has -- by design -- greater input jitter tolerance.  If the increase in input jitter tolerance is quantified and published in the datasheet (DS162), then each and every production part must be tested against that specification.  That's an expensive analogue test for the production lines of a (primarily) digital logic device, even if a quantitative spec and test procedure could be concisely defined.  After all,  there are entire books written on the subject of clock jitter, its definitions, and measurement practices.

Having said that, it would be interesting to read a description of the differences in jitter tolerance for DCM_SP vs. DCM_CLKGEN mode, but by the time Xilinx' IP police 'cleanse' the description of anything which might disclose or hint at proprietary IP (i.e. trade secrets), the description might not be all that interesting, after all.

-- Bob Elkind
SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide.  Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts.  If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
举报

更多回帖

发帖
完善资料,
赚取积分