[问答]

Spartan-6的QDR接口能连接到MCB引脚吗

亲爱的论坛
我正在处理将** II SRAM连接到Spartan-6 FPGA的问题。
我不是斯巴达IP核的专家,但我意识到Spartan-6没有预见到的QDR接口。
但是我确信它可以做到。
我遇到的唯一问题是:
我计划将MCB引脚用于** RAM连接,但我的**有18个数据位(Q0..17),内存块只有16位。
我可以将16位连接到MCB引脚0 ... 15,将其他2位连接到普通用户IO吗?
我可以随意使用任何IO来生成时钟,还是应该计划使用全局时钟进行计时?
是否有任何有经验的用户或其他可以帮助我完成该主题的人?
亲切的问候,
米卡

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

Dear Forum,

I'm dealing with interfaceing an **II SRAM to an Spartan-6 FPGA. I'm not an expert on Spartan IP cores, but I  realized that there is no QDR interfacing foreseen for the Spartan-6. However I'm sure that it can be done.
The only thing I'm having trouble with is the following:
I plan to use the MCB pins for the **RAM connection, but my **has 18 Data Bits (Q0..17), the memory block has only 16 bits.
Can I connect 16 bits to the MCB pins 0 ...15 and the 2 other bits to normal user IOs?
Can I feel free to use any IO for a clock generation or should I plan to use a Global Clock for clocking purposes?

Are there any experiended users out there or somebody else who could help me on that topic?

Kind Regards,
Mika

回帖(8)

于帅

2019-5-22 07:29:22
S6 MCB不支持QDR II。
因此,您将使用引脚作为通用IO,而MCB引脚与此无关。
根本不需要考虑MCB引脚。
您只是想确保您选择的引脚适合您创建或购买的物理层。
在原帖中查看解决方案

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

The S6 MCB does not support QDR II.  Therefore, you'll be using the pins as general IO, and the MCB pins are of no relevance here.  No need to consider the MCB pins at all.  You just want to make sure that the pins you choose are suitable for the physical layer that you create or buy.

View solution in original post
举报

张晓宁

2019-5-22 07:43:14
我正在处理将QDR II SRAM连接到Spartan-6 FPGA的问题。
我不是斯巴达IP核的专家,但我意识到Spartan-6没有预见到的QDR接口。
但是我确信它可以做到。
米卡,
您对QDR能力的大胆信心是什么基础?
您期望什么数据速率?
我不是Spartan 6 MCB权威,但我的猜测是将MCB从16位DQ扩展到18位是不可能的。
很多(但不是全部)S6 MCB都是一个很难的'宏'。
例如,结构侧的数据端口都具有FIFO,并且配置的宽度是32位的倍数(不是36位)。
MCB的使用不会影响结构BRAM的可用性(利用率),这似乎是MCB数据路径在硅中固定的确凿证据。
- 鲍勃埃尔金德
签名:新手的自述文件在这里:http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369总结:1。
阅读手册或用户指南。
你读过手册了吗?
你能找到手册吗?2。
搜索论坛(并搜索网页)以寻找类似的主题。
不要在多个论坛上发布相同的问题。
不要在别人的主题上发布新主题或问题,开始新的主题!5。
学生:复制代码与学习设计不同.6“它不起作用”不是一个可以回答的问题。
提供有用的详细信息(请与网页,数据表链接).7。
您的代码中的评论不需要支付额外费用。
我没有支付论坛帖子的费用。
如果我写一篇好文章,那么我一无所获。

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

I'm dealing with interfacing an QDR II SRAM to an Spartan-6 FPGA. I'm not an expert on Spartan IP cores, but I  realized that there is no QDR interfacing foreseen for the Spartan-6. However I'm sure that it can be done.
Mika,

What's the basis for your bold confidence in QDR capability?  What data rates are you expecting?

I'm not a Spartan 6 MCB authority, but my guess is that extending the MCB from 16 bits of DQ to 18 bits is not possible.  Much (but not all) of the S6 MCB is a hard 'macro'.  For instance, the data ports on the fabric side all have FIFOs, and are configured in widths which are multiples of 32 bits (not 36 bits).  The use of the MCB does not affect the availability (utilisation) of fabric BRAMs, which seems to be hard evidence that the MCB datapaths are fixed in silicon.

-- Bob Elkind
SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide.  Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts.  If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
举报

代攀

2019-5-22 08:01:30
亲爱的鲍勃,
我的(不要说大胆)信心的基础是这篇文章
http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Spartan-Family-FPGAs/Spartan-6-SSRAM-QDR-II-Xilinx-can-you-comment/td-p/63307
我们将以117 MHz的频率将数据输入QDR。
我负责第一个引脚规划提案,我想知道如何使用预见的MCB引脚(例如Spartan6 LX150T Bank 3并使用userIO“扩展”它们?
另一个问题是:MCB引脚是否具有特殊功能或硬件,使其优于userIO引脚?
问候,

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

Dear Bob,

the basis for my (lets not say bold) confidence is this article

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Spartan-Family-FPGAs/Spartan-6-SSRAM-QDR-II-Xilinx-can-you-comment/td-p/63307

We are going to clock data into the QDR with 117 MHz.

I'm responsible for the first pin-planning proposal and I'm wondering how if  I should use the foreseen MCB pins (e.g. Spartan6 LX150T Bank 3 and "extend" them by using userIOs?

Another question is: do the MCB pins have special features or hardware that makes them superior to userIO pins?

Regards, 
举报

张晓宁

2019-5-22 08:12:12
我很困惑......
这是一个研究项目还是一个商业风险项目?
如果这是一个商业风险项目,你不觉得你在一个Virtex用户的论坛帖子上冒了很多风险吗?
这是一个相当大的赌注,而且这笔钱似乎不值得赌博。
花一点时间列出这是赌博值得采取的所有原因,以及所有原因。
该列表本身就是这个帖子的一个有趣的后续帖子。
- 鲍勃埃尔金德
签名:新手的自述文件在这里:http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369总结:1。
阅读手册或用户指南。
你读过手册了吗?
你能找到手册吗?2。
搜索论坛(并搜索网页)以寻找类似的主题。
不要在多个论坛上发布相同的问题。
不要在别人的主题上发布新主题或问题,开始新的主题!5。
学生:复制代码与学习设计不同.6“它不起作用”不是一个可以回答的问题。
提供有用的详细信息(请与网页,数据表链接).7。
您的代码中的评论不需要支付额外费用。
我没有支付论坛帖子的费用。
如果我写一篇好文章,那么我一无所获。

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

I'm puzzled....

Is this a research project or a commercial venture project?  If this is a commercial venture project, don't you think you are risking quite a bit on the forum posting of one Virtex user?   That's quite a wager, and the payoff doesn't seem worth the gamble.

Take a moment to list all the reasons this is a gamble worth taking, and all the reasons it isn't.   That list would itself be an interesting followup post to this thread.

-- Bob Elkind
SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide.  Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts.  If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
举报

更多回帖

发帖
完善资料,
赚取积分