我的FPGA设计运行在可编程外部时钟上。
外部时钟输入PLL_BASE / DCM_SP,产生主时钟。
该设计必须以两种不同的主时钟速率运行 -  79.8 MHz或66.5 MHz。
我正在将外部时钟编程为49.875 MHz(要求)。
这使我能够使用8/5的整数比生成79.8 MHz的主时钟。
但是,当生成66.5 MHz的其他主时钟速率情况时,外部时钟必须为41.56 MHz。
我们不想在PLL中使用动态配置。
我们想使用8/5的固定比率。
我的问题是......当我从49.875切换到41.56 MHz时,PLL或DCM会产生主时钟(79.8 MHz / 66.5 MHz),反之亦然?
我认为它将失去锁定但是,如果应用重置,它会产生主时钟吗?

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

Hello All,

I have a FPGA design that runs on a programmable external clock. The external clock feeds a PLL_BASE / DCM_SP that generates the primary clock. The design must run at two different primary clocks rates - 79.8 MHz  or 66.5 MHz..

I am programming the external clock to 49.875 MHz (requirement). This enables me to generate the primary clock 79.8 MHz using the integer ratio of 8/5.

However, when it comes to generating the other primary clock rate case 66.5 MHz, the external clock must be 41.56 MHz. We would not like to use dynamic configuration in the PLL. We would like to use a fixed ratio of 8/5.

My question is... will the PLL or DCM generate the primary clock (79.8 MHz / 66.5 MHz) when I switch from 49.875 to 41.56 MHz or vice versa? I think it will lose lock but, will it generate the primary clocks if a reset is applied?

回帖(3)

刘溪

2019-7-16 07:47:24
你好
是的,这应该适用于可变时钟和固定参数。
你可以交叉检查这是模拟。
问候,萨蒂什-----------------------------------------------
--- --------------------------------------------请注意
- 如果提供的信息有用,请将答案标记为“接受为解决方案”。给予您认为有用的帖子。感谢.--
---------------------------- ---------------------
----------------------
在原帖中查看解决方案

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

Hi

yes this should work with the variable clocks and fixed parameters.

You can cross check this is simulation.
Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------View solution in original post
举报

刘溪

2019-7-16 07:53:45
你好
是的,这应该适用于可变时钟和固定参数。
你可以交叉检查这是模拟。
问候,萨蒂什-----------------------------------------------
--- --------------------------------------------请注意
- 如果提供的信息有用,请将答案标记为“接受为解决方案”。给予您认为有用的帖子。感谢.--
---------------------------- ---------------------
----------------------

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

Hi

yes this should work with the variable clocks and fixed parameters.

You can cross check this is simulation.
Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
举报

杨玲

2019-7-16 08:05:35
目前尚不清楚你要求重置的是什么。
DCM重置处于活动状态时,DCM的输出不会切换。
即,重置DCM的状态机不得使用DCM的输出作为时钟。
重置DCM后,它应该能够重新获得新时钟频率的锁定。
您可以在IBUFG之后直接使用BUFG来驱动需要通过DCM重置生活的任何内容。
另外,根据外部时钟在重新编程时的作用,您可能需要使用单独的时钟源来编程外部部件。
我有一个使用Silabs部件的设计,需要在重新编程时关闭输出。
我没有针对该S6设计的其他时钟输入,但我使用内部振荡器(参见库指南中的STARTUP_SPARTAN6)来运行通过I2C重新编程外部器件的状态逻辑。
幸运的是,I2C不需要精确的时钟频率。
一旦时钟恢复运行,时钟振荡器域中的状态逻辑就会复位DCM / PLL以调出芯片的其余部分。
-  Gabor

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

It's not clear what you're asking about reset.  While the DCM reset is active, the DCM's outputs are not toggling.  i.e. your state machine to reset the DCM must not use the outputs of the DCM as a clock.  After resetting the DCM, it should be able to regain lock for the new clock frequency.  You can have a BUFG directly after the IBUFG to drive anything that needs to live through DCM reset.  Also depending on what your external clock does while it's being reprogrammed, you may need to use a separate clock source to do the programming of the external part.  I have a design using a Silabs part that needs to shut down the outputs while being reprogrammed.  I have no other clock inputs for that S6 design, but I use the internal oscillator (see STARTUP_SPARTAN6 in the libraries guide) to run the state logic that reprograms the external device over I2C.  Luckily I2C does not require a precise clock frequency.  Once the clock is back up and running, the state logic in the clock oscillator domain then resets the DCM / PLL to bring up the rest of the chip.
-- Gabor
举报

更多回帖

发帖
完善资料,
赚取积分