- 逆向工程比特流格式。
我目前偏爱逆向工程方法,因为块公羊应该很容易识别。
任何指针或其他想法?
谢谢,
艾伦

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

Hi,

I have an application in which I would like to use a tool similar to data2mem for hacking block ram contents in an FPGA bitstream prior to download into an FPGA.

The FPGA could be Virtex 6 or Artix 7 or Kintex 7.
The bitstream is not encrypted and not compressed.

The problem is that I want this to run on an embedded system.  The CPU is not x86, so there's no chance of getting data2mem to run on it.  Even if data2mem was recompiled by Xilinx for my system, I would not be able to run a "binary blob" on it for reasons I don't want to go into here.

The actual creation of the software is trivial - just change some bits in a file, and adjust some CRCs.  The hard part is getting the specification for the bitstream format.

I understand that the bitstream format is not public.

Some ideas:

- licensing source for data2mem from Xilinx.

- obtaining (under NDA) the bitstream format from Xilinx.

- reverse engineering the bitstream format.

I'm currently favouring the reverse engineering approach since the block rams should be easy to identify.
Any pointers or other ideas?

Thanks,
Allan

回帖(7)

何瑾

2019-3-19 13:01:42
顺便说一句,这不是一个开源设计。

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

BTW, this is NOT an open source design.
举报

陈玉筠

2019-3-19 13:17:26
这些都不可能发生......
(我不为Xilinx工作或代表,但是......)我怀疑Xilinx会向任何人发布任何源代码 - 维护问题是一场噩梦。
同样,我怀疑你会得到很多支持来修改比特流,而逆向工程可能比你想象的要困难 - 特别是因为比特流中有CRC校验。
你最好的选择是“找到另一种方式”。
在CPU和FPGA之间创建一些通信路径,并在配置FPGA后修改BRAM数据。
你可以用2或3个引脚和一个串行协议来做到这一点。
您也可以通过JTAG端口执行此操作;
如果您的FPGA已经通过JTAG编程,则连接已经存在。
在大多数FPGA系列中,您可以配置JTAG链接以在FPGA结构中实现用户寄存器 - 然后您可以通过此JTAG寄存器进行读写操作。
Avrum

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

None of these is likely to happen...

(I don't work for or speak for Xilinx, but...) I doubt Xilinx will release any source code to anyone - the maintenance issue is a nightmare. Similarly, I doubt you will get a lot of support for modifying the bitstream, and reverse engineering it might be quite difficult than you think - particularly since there are CRC checks in the bitstream.

Your best bet is to "find another way". Create some communication path between your CPU and your FPGA and modify the BRAM data after the FPGA has been configured. You could probably do this with as little as 2 or 3 pins and a serial protocol.

You might also be able to do this through the JTAG port; if your FPGA is already being programmed via JTAG, the connections are already there. In most families of FPGAs you can configure the JTAG chaint to have a user register implemented in the fabric of the FPGA - you can then do reads and writes through this JTAG register.

Avrum

举报

何瑾

2019-3-19 13:28:46
谢谢Avrum,
我当地的FAE目前正在寻找可用于代替data2mem的脚本。
如果他提出了什么,我会用它。
我不是太有希望了。
为什么逆向工程比特流很难?
我知道以前做过。
后来被Xilinx收购的Neocad对整个比特流(早期部件)进行了逆向工程,并制作了自己的工具。
我只想改变块ram初始化,这应该比较容易。
块rams应该很容易在比特流中定位。
Data2mem允许选择的明文攻击。
我可以自动化一个进程,该进程使用data2mem来更改每个块ram中的每个位,并比较前后比特流。
CRC对基本了解代数的攻击者没有安全性,并且也很容易在比特流中定位。
我实际上认为,破解比特流的工作量要比将源代码修改为多路复用器的FPGA源代码要少一个数量级,这可以写入块内存。
其中一些工作在200MHz以上并且已经使用两个端口。
我还考虑过使用JTAG(或ICAP),但是基于比比特流黑客更多的工作而拒绝它。
还有其他考虑因素(我不会在公共论坛中讨论)使我不想更改现有的FPGA源代码。
我确实认为比特流黑客是解决这个问题的好方法。
问候,
艾伦

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

Thanks Avrum,

My local FAE is currently looking for scripts that could be used in place of data2mem.  If he comes up with something, I'll use it.  I'm not too hopeful though.

Why is reverse engineering the bitstream hard?  I know it has been done before.  Neocad, who were later bought by Xilinx, reverse engineered the entire bitstream (of earlier generation parts) and made their own tools.  I only want to alter block ram initialisation, which should be easy in comparison.

The block rams should be simple to locate in the bitstream.  Data2mem allows a chosen plaintext attack.  I can automate a process which uses data2mem to change each bit in each block ram, and compares the before and after bitstreams.

A CRC provides no security against an attacker who has a basic understanding of algebra, and should also be easy to locate in the bitstream.

I actually think it's about an order of magnitude less work to hack the bitstream than to modify the FPGA source code to mux in an extra port that can write into the block rams.  Some of these work at over 200MHz and already use both ports.

I had also considered the use of JTAG (or ICAP), but rejected it on the basis of being more work than bitstream hacking.

There are other considerations (that I won't discuss in a public forum) that make me not want to change the existing FPGA source code.  I really do think that bitstream hacking is a good solution for this problem.

Regards,
Allan
举报

丁兵溢

2019-3-19 13:36:59
https://github.com/florianbenz/bil

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

https://github.com/florianbenz/bil

举报

更多回帖

发帖