为了校准完整的路径,我只想点亮我的计划,我想我可以使用N4433A作为SMA端进行2个全端口引导校准,将N32端的85032F进行,然后将DUT放在SMA之间
(M)和N型(M)结束并测量DUT的相位,增益响应并且还进行VSWR测量。
我是否必须通过其他方式进行校准,或者我的过程是正确的,但我需要在进行校准之前进行一些设置。
我附上了原理图表示以供参考。
任何帮助将受到高度赞赏。
:)

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

Hi, I am making an ATE to Test a T/R module.But I am facing problem while doing calibration of the paths.As my DUT has N-type (F) connector on Txout and SMA (F) on Txin port.Also there is a 50 db attenuator on the path connecting Txout to PNA port 2 as the DUT gives 53dBm peak power. I have an ECAL kit N4433A which I am using to calibrate at one end of setup which has SMA (M) pin  and for the N- type (M) cable end side I have 85032F mechanical kit by which I was hoping to do a SOLT calibration. But it seems because I have a 50 dB attenuator in my path, I am getting unleveled source output message and hence that path is not getting properly calibrated.
                           I will just hi-light what my plan was in order to calibrate complete path, I was thinking I could do 2 full port guided calibration using N4433A for the SMA end and 85032F on the N-type end and then put the DUT between the SMA(M) and N-type(M) end and measure the phase, gain response of the DUT and also do VSWR measurement.

Do I have to do my calibration by some other means or my process is correct but I need to do some settings before I do the calibration. I have attached the schematic representation for reference. Any help will be highly appreciated. :)   
附件

回帖(24)

刘华湘

2019-3-11 12:08:21
作为一般规则,无论使用何种calkits,您都无法通过50 dB衰减器执行完整的2端口校准。
如果您必须保留50 dB衰减器,那么您的选项仅限于简单的响应校正或增强响应校正,该校正使用全矢量校正来校正输入失配,但使用响应校正来校正正向传输。
它不提供经过校正的S22或S12测量值。
具有53 dBm峰值功率输出且PNA-X的损坏水平约为+30 dBm(取决于您的选项),您需要的最小外部填充为30 dB,即使如此,也不可能实现良好的2端口校准

如果要进行完整的2端口校准,则必须在端口2上设置高功率外部耦合配置。有关使用VNA进行高功率测量的详细信息,您可以阅读此AppNote,您也可以参考第6.4节。
Joel博士的书“微波元件测量手册”2

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

as a general rule, you cannot perform a full 2-port calibration through a 50 dB attenuator, regardless of the calkits being used.  if you have to keep the 50 dB attenuator, then your options are limited either to a simple Response correction or an Enhanced Response correction that corrects for the input mismatch using full vector correction, but corrects forward transmission using a response correction.  it does not provide a corrected S22 or S12 measurements.

with 53 dBm peak power output and the damage level of the PNA-X being around +30 dBm (depending on your options), the minimum external padding you need is 30 dB and even with that, a good 2-port calibration is not possible.  If you want to do a full 2-port calibration, you have to setup a high power external couple configuration on port 2.  

for detailed information on high power measurements with a VNA, you can read this AppNote 

you can also refer to section 6.4.2 of Dr. Joel's book Handbook of Microwave Component Measurements
举报

宋令怡

2019-3-11 12:18:57
引用: Topcbpcba 发表于 2019-3-11 14:20
作为一般规则,无论使用何种calkits,您都无法通过50 dB衰减器执行完整的2端口校准。
如果您必须保留50 dB衰减器,那么您的选项仅限于简单的响应校正或增强响应校正,该校正使用全矢量校正来校正输入失配,但使用响应校正来校正正向传输。
它不提供经过校正的S22或S12测量值。

嗨Daras,谢谢你的回复。
你说的是ERC,但我的校准套件是N4433A,它的所有四个端口都有3.5毫米连接器,我的DUT中有一个N型(F)和一个SMA(F)连接器。
这意味着我无法使用(定义通过)选项进行ERC。但是我的N型端口校准有一个N85032F机械校准套件。
我卡住了不知道该怎么办。
因为我必须测量我的DUT的相位特性,这意味着我将不得不通过制作高功率电路进行2完全端口校准,或者是否有办法解决。
注意:我的DUT没有直接连接到仪器,其间有一个开关矩阵,迫使我考虑一个2满端口校准。:(另外一个问题Daras我做了2个全端口校准之后看到的是
当两个端口的LED开始发光时,端口开始产生RF信号。如果我想仅测量S21(相位,增益),这会损害我的读数/ DUT /开关。理想情况下,如果我想进行S21测量,只有1
端口应该发光,2端口应该是接收器,不应该发光..正确???

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

Hi Daras,

Thanks for your reply. You are talking about ERC but the cal kit which I have is N4433A which has 3.5 mm connectors on all of its four ports and I have a N-type(F) and a SMA(F) connector in my DUT. So that means I wont be able to do a ERC with (defined thru) option.But I do have a N85032F mechanical cal kit for my N type port calibration. I am stuck don't know how to proceed. As I have to measure phase characteristics also of my DUT does that mean that I will have to do a 2-full port calibration by making a high power circuit or is there a way around.
Note: My DUT is not directly connected to instrument, there is a switch matrix in between which is forcing me to think about a 2-full port calibration.:(  
    One more question Daras what i saw after doing a 2 full port calibration is both port starts generating RF signal as the LED for both port starts glowing. Will this harm my Readings/DUT/Switches if suppose I want to measure only S21 (both phase,gain). Ideally if I want to make a S21 measurement, only 1st port should glow and 2 port should be the receiver and should not glow..right???
举报

刘华湘

2019-3-11 12:35:40
引用: caseylee 发表于 2019-3-11 14:31
嗨Daras,谢谢你的回复。
你说的是ERC,但我的校准套件是N4433A,它的所有四个端口都有3.5毫米连接器,我的DUT中有一个N型(F)和一个SMA(F)连接器。
这意味着我无法使用(定义通过)选项进行ERC。但是我的N型端口校准有一个N85032F机械校准套件。

> {quote:title = Rohit写道:} {quote}>你说的是ERC,但我的校准套件是N4433A,它的所有四个端口都有3.5 mm连接器,我有一个> N型(F)
和我的DUT中的SMA(F)连接器。
这意味着我无法使用(定义通过)选项进行ERC。但是我的N型端口校准有一个> N85032F机械校准套件。
我卡住了不知道该怎么办。
您对ERC需要定义的直通是正确的,但您仍然可以使用您拥有的校准硬件来管理它。
您可以将3.5 mm至N型适配器连接到ECal上的其中一个端口,并在ECal中创建“3.5 mm f-N-type f”用户特性,然后使用它来执行ERC,就像您有一个ERC一样
3.5-N ECal。
> {quote:title = Rohit写道:} {quote}> ...因为我必须测量我的DUT的相位特性,这意味着我必须通过制作>高功率电路来进行2全端口校准
或者有办法解决。
如果您无法使用我上面提到的用户表征方法,那么您唯一的另一种选择是设置高功率外部测试集。
对于较小的损耗,去嵌入高功率焊盘是一种选择,但即使该技术对于50 dB焊盘也是不可行的(良好的去嵌入候选的限制是大约10-15 dB的损耗)。
>还有一个问题Daras在进行2次全端口校准后看到的是端口开始产生RF信号,因为两个端口的LED开始发光。
如果我想仅测量S21(相位,增益),这会损害我的读数/ DUT /开关。
理想情况下>如果我想进行S21测量,只有第一个端口应该发光,2个端口应该是接收器,不应该发光。
测量可能足够快,您可以感知两个端口同时打开(或者您可能打开点扫描模式),但除非您已将端口1和2的端口状态专门更改为ON(而不是在Auto上)
),这两个来源不会同时开启。
事实上,在N5242A盒中,由于散热原因,我们甚至不允许您同时手动打开端口1和2。

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

> {quote:title=Rohit wrote:}{quote}
> You are talking about ERC but the cal kit which I have is N4433A which has 3.5 mm connectors on all of its four ports and I have a >N-type(F) and a SMA(F) connector in my DUT. So that means I wont be able to do a ERC with (defined thru) option.But I do have a >N85032F mechanical cal kit for my N type port calibration. I am stuck don't know how to proceed.

You are correct about ERC needing a defined thru, but you can still manage that with the calibration hardware that you have.  you can attach an 3.5 mm to N-Type adapter to one of the ports on your ECal and create a "3.5 mm f- N-type f " user characterization in your ECal and then use that to perform an ERC as if you had a 3.5-N ECal.

> {quote:title=Rohit wrote:}{quote}
>...As I have to measure phase characteristics also of my DUT does that mean that I will have to do a 2-full port calibration by making >a high power circuit or is there a way around.

If you are unable to use the user characterization method I mentioned above, then your only other alternative will be to setup a high power external testset.  with smaller losses, de-embedding the high power pad would be an option but even that technique is not feasible for a 50 dB pad (the limit for a good de-embedding candidate is about 10-15 dB of loss).

>     One more question Daras what i saw after doing a 2 full port calibration is both port starts generating RF signal as the LED for >both port starts glowing. Will this harm my Readings/DUT/Switches if suppose I want to measure only S21 (both phase,gain). Ideally >if I want to make a S21 measurement, only 1st port should glow and 2 port should be the receiver and should not glow..right???

The measurements might be fast enough that you perceive both ports being on at the same time (or you might have point sweep mode turned on), but unless you have specifically changed the port status for ports 1 and 2 to be ON (instead on Auto), the two sources will not be on at the same time.  In fact in a N5242A box we don't even allow you to manually turn both ports 1 and 2 on at the same time due to thermal reasons.
举报

宋令怡

2019-3-11 12:41:24
引用: Topcbpcba 发表于 2019-3-11 14:47
> {quote:title = Rohit写道:} {quote}>你说的是ERC,但我的校准套件是N4433A,它的所有四个端口都有3.5 mm连接器,我有一个> N型(F)
和我的DUT中的SMA(F)连接器。
这意味着我无法使用(定义通过)选项进行ERC。但是我的N型端口校准有一个> N85032F机械校准套件。

感谢Daras,我将检查所有这些设置并告诉您结果。
最诚挚的问候,Rohit。

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

Thanks Daras,

I will check all this settings and let you know about the result.

Best Regards,
Rohit.
举报

更多回帖

发帖
完善资料,
赚取积分