我注意到内置S参数测试装置上的指示灯从端口1到端口2重复交替,所以看起来VNA通过测量两个端口来浪费我的时间。
有没有办法阻止VNA测量S22和S12,而不在端口1上进行单端口校准?
如果只显示S11,我无法理解为什么仪器在端口1和2之间循环。
我的VNA具有最新的CPU,因此配备了最新的固件,版本为7.74,日期为2002年10月30日。它有选项010(TDR)和1D5(高稳定时基)。
戴夫

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

Consider this.  

1) I want to measure a number of one port devices on port 1 (e.g female SMA termination)  
2) I want to measure a number of two port devices  (e.g. attenuator)
3) I perform a full 2-port calibration so the attenuators can be measured.  
4) I measure all the attenuators

So far things are ok.  

Now when I have finished with the attenuators, and want to measure the terminations, I change the display to show only S11. I note the lights on the built in S-parameter test set alternate repeatidly from port 1 to port 2, so it seems the VNA is wasting my time by measuring on both ports.  

Is there any way to stop the VNA from measuring S22 and S12, without doing a one port calibration on port 1? I can't work out why the instrument cycles between ports 1 and 2 if only S11 is being displayed.  

My VNA has the latest CPU and so is fitted with the latest firmware which is version 7.74, dated October 30th 2002. It has options 010 (TDR) and 1D5 (high stability time base).  

Dave  

回帖(5)

孔德羲

2019-2-13 15:22:17
您可以以编程方式读出错误条款,然后将它们加载到1端口cal中。

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

You could programatically read out the error terms and then load them into a 1 port cal.
举报

李青

2019-2-13 15:34:59
引用: 脑洞大赛9 发表于 2019-2-13 18:24
您可以以编程方式读出错误条款,然后将它们加载到1端口cal中。

以上来自于谷歌翻译

> {quote:title = Dr_joel写道:} {quote}>您可以以编程方式读出错误条款,然后将它们加载到1端口cal中。
谢谢乔尔。
对于我想要做的事情来说,我觉得这是很常见的事情。
但我会研究这个,因为做另一次校准有点乏味。
戴夫

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

> {quote:title=Dr_joel wrote:}{quote}
> You could programatically read out the error terms and then load them into a 1 port cal.

Thank you Joel. Sounds a lot of work for what I would have assumed was quite a common thing for one to want to do. But I will look into this, as doing another calibration is a bit tedious. 

Dave
举报

刘华湘

2019-2-13 15:46:33
引用: 60user7 发表于 2019-2-13 18:37
> {quote:title = Dr_joel写道:} {quote}>您可以以编程方式读出错误条款,然后将它们加载到1端口cal中。
谢谢乔尔。
对于我想要做的事情来说,我觉得这是很常见的事情。

如果它让你感觉更好,即使在最现代的VNA中,你仍然需要一些远程编程干预来将2端口校准转换为1端口校正(这样就不需要反向扫描)。
但你绝对正确;
当选定的校准中包含更高阶的误差项时,告诉分析仪对测量应用低阶校正应该是明智之举。

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

if it makes you feel any better, even in the most modern VNA, you still need a little bit of remote programming intervention to turn a 2-port calibration into a 1-port correction (so that the reverse sweep is not required).

but you are absolutely right; it should be a no-brainer to tell the analyzer to apply a lower order correction to a measurement when the selected calibration has a higher order set of error terms in it.
举报

李青

2019-2-13 16:04:26
引用: Topcbpcba 发表于 2019-2-13 18:49
如果它让你感觉更好,即使在最现代的VNA中,你仍然需要一些远程编程干预来将2端口校准转换为1端口校正(这样就不需要反向扫描)。
但你绝对正确;

> {quote:title = daras写道:} {quote}>如果它让你感觉更好,即使在最现代的VNA中,你还需要一些远程编程干预才能将2端口校准变成1-
端口校正(因此不需要反向扫描)。
我想这确实让我觉得好一点。
事实上,在Joel的回答之后,我很想写一些类似+“我假设如果我有一个后来的VNA,这样就没有问题。”+我真的认为这将是非常基本的东西。
我不敢相信我是第一个不受欢迎的人,1端口测量需要两倍的时间,只是因为我做了2端口校准。
>但你绝对正确;
也许您可以考虑将其包括在后续仪器的固件更新中 - 当然,8720D固件不可能更新。
我必须承认,我经常让VNA只显示S11,但是根据需要通过GPIB读出所有4个S参数,所以任何这样的改变都应该基于用户设置“忽略反向扫描”或“
省略前向扫描“,而不是基于仪器前面板显示的内容。
戴夫

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

> {quote:title=daras wrote:}{quote}
> if it makes you feel any better, even in the most modern VNA, you still need a little bit of remote programming intervention to turn a 2-port calibration into a 1-port correction (so that the reverse sweep is not required).

I guess it does make me feel a bit better. 

In fact I was tempted to write after Joel's response something like 

+"I assume if I had a later VNA there would be no problem doing this".+ 

I really thought it would be something quite basic. I can't believe I'm the first person to be irretated that 1 port measurements are taking twice as long as need be, just because I have done a 2-port calibration. 

> but you are absolutely right; it should be a no-brainer to tell the analyzer to apply a lower order correction to a measurement when the selected calibration has a higher order set of error terms in it.

Perhaps it is something you could consider including in firmware updates for later instruments - of course there is no chance of the 8720D firmware being updated. 

I must admit, I often have the VNA displaying just S11, but read out all 4 S parameters via GPIB as I need them, so any such change should really be based on the user setting a tick box for "Omit reverse sweep" or "Omit forward sweep", rather than based on what the instrument's front panel is displaying. 

Dave
举报

更多回帖

发帖
完善资料,
赚取积分