英伟达
直播中

薛槐敏

7年用户 224经验值
私信 关注
[问答]

使用VDGA在VMware ESXI上安装GRID K2不使用View/Horizo

嗨,是否可以在没有(重复没有)Horizo​​n View的情况下为一个特定的客户在ESXi(5.5或6.0)上传输GRID K2?
我发现一些旧文件似乎表明这是可能的。
我有一台运行ESXi 5.5的Dell 720服务器(计划升级到6.0),我有一台需要使用3D图形加速的客户机(运行AutoCAD)。
在我购买卡片并开始之前,我需要一个相当自信的“是”答案。
出于复杂性和财务原因,VMware Horizo​​n View无法实现。
谢谢&
恩恩,
-GG

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

Hi, is it possible to passthru the GRID K2 on ESXi (5.5 or 6.0) for one particular guest without (repeat without) Horizon View?

I found some old documents that seem to say that this is possible.

I have a Dell 720 server running ESXi 5.5 (with plans to upgrade to 6.0) and I have one guest machine that needs to use 3D Graphics acceleration (runs AutoCAD).

Before I buy the card and begin, I need a fairly confident "YES" answer.  VMware Horizon View is out of the question for complexity and fiscal reasons.

Thanks & Blessings,
-gg

回帖(5)

张桂芝

2018-9-6 10:13:11
嗨GG
是的,这绝对是可能的。
将GPU与VM配合使用时,无需Horizo​​n,XenDesktop或任何其他桌面管理解决方案。
对于Passthrough,不需要超级驾驶执照。
而且由于您使用的是Kepler GPU,因此也没有Nvidia许可要求。
您打算使用哪种协议连接到VM?
RDP?
问候

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

Hi GG

Yes it's absolutely possible. Neither Horizon, XenDesktop or any other desktop management solution are required for using GPUs with VMs.

For Passthrough, no hypevisor licenses are required. And because you're using a Kepler GPU, there are no Nvidia licensing requirements either.

Which protocol are you planning to use to connect to the VM? RDP?

Regards

Ben
举报

陈茹

2018-9-6 10:26:29
嗨本,
谢谢你。
我打算使用RDP和RemoteFX。
我应该说他们已经在使用RDP,但是他们的AutoCAD(Civil 3D)已经固定了他们的CPU。
我怀疑这是由于渲染。
再次感谢,
-GG

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

Hi Ben,

Thank you for that.  I'm planning on using RDP and RemoteFX.

I should say they are already using RDP, but their AutoCAD (Civil 3D) has pegged their CPUs.  I suspect it's due to rendering.

Thanks again,
-gg
举报

孙雅念

2018-9-6 10:37:04
嗨GG
没问题。
当您将GPU添加到混音中时,我有兴趣听到性能上的差异。
当你完成一些测试/将它投入生产时,你会介意回复吗?
问候

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

Hi GG

No problem at all.

I'd be interested to hear the difference on performance when you add a GPU into the mix. Would you mind posting back when you've done some testing / have it in production?

Regards

Ben
举报

李英

2018-9-6 10:54:00
我知道这是一个老线程,但我处于类似的位置。
我需要一个半打的虚拟工作站,主要用于远程工作人员。
我有一台HP Z820工作站,配备ESXI 6.0,128GB内存,双XEON,NVME SSD存储和三个Quadro 4000,配备专用显卡到VM,但我不能再添加Quadro了。
我希望用K1或K2取代Quadro,因为它们会更灵活。
使用HP的远程图形协议,我可以从虚拟工作站获得非常好的加速图形。
我购买了HP远程图形软件的浮动许可证。
使用GRID卡可以使用RDP加速图形显示吗?
设置Citrix或Horizo​​n软件超出了我们的预算。
我只想要最便宜和最简单的方法来为3D CAD用户提供加速的虚拟机图形。
谢谢!

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

I know this is an old thread but I am in a similar position. I need a 1/2 a dozen Virtual Workstations, mostly for remote workers.  I have a HP Z820 workstation with ESXI 6.0, 128GB RAM, dual XEON's, NVME SSD storage and three Quadro 4000's with dedicated graphics to the VM's but I can't add any more Quadro's. I am hoping to replace the Quadro's with K1 or K2's becasue they would be more flexible.  Using HP's remote graphics protocol I get very good accelerated graphics from the virtual workstations.  I purchased floating licenses for the HP remote graphics software.  Using GRID cards will graphics be accelerated with RDP? Setting up the Citrix, or Horizon software is beyond our budget.  I just want the cheapest and simplest way to have accelerated virtual machine graphics for 3D CAD users. Thanks!
举报

更多回帖

发帖
完善资料,
赚取积分