是德科技
直播中

陈建华

7年用户 227经验值
私信 关注
[问答]

测量DUT热变送器回波损耗

您好,我正在使用PNA5225A来测量多个标准(PCIe 1/2/3)SATA(1/2/3),10GKR,SGMII等的发射器和接收器回波损耗测量值。所有这些标准都要求热发射器测量
使用DUT发送器主动发送标准模式(LFSR31,nyquist / 2等)。
我有几个问题。
1)DUT发送波形的幅度约为1V pp。一般情况下,在测量具有此幅度的有源器件时,建议使用衰减器。
2)我的IF_BW设置为大约1kohm。
我正以10 MHz的步幅从10MHz-18GHz扫描。
这似乎是一个合理的值,但你建议使用i)平均,ii)平滑和iii)不同的IF_BW设置?
3)我注意到当我减小IF_BW时,扫描需要更长的时间。
根据我的理解,减少IF_BW将减少随机噪声并降低我的本底噪声,但我不确定为什么扫描需要更长时间。
我假设IF滤波器正好位于接收器中的ADC之前。
4)进行此类热测量时,您可以推荐什么?
谢谢Guy Lemire

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

hello,
I am using a PNA5225A to measure the transmitter and receiver return loss measurements for multiple standards (PCIe 1/2/3) SATA (1/2/3), 10GKR, SGMII etc. All of these standard require a hot transmitter measuremenst with the DUT transmitter actively transmitting a standard pattern (LFSR31, nyquist/2, etc).

I have several questions.

1) the amplitude of my DUT transmitted waveform is about 1V pp. In general do you recommend using attenuators when measuring an active device with this ampitude.  

2) I have my IF_BW set to be about 1kohm. I am sweeping from 10MHz-18GHz in 10 MHz steps. This seems to be a reasonable value, but do you recommend using i) averaging, ii) smoothing and iii) differant IF_BW setting?

3) I notice that when I reduce the IF_BW, the sweep takes a longer time. From what i understand reducing the IF_BW will reduce the random noise and lower my noise floor, but I am not sure why the sweep would take longer. I assume the IF filter is right before the ADCs in the receiver.  

4) anything elsethat you can recommend when doing this type of a hot measurement?

Thank you
Guy Lemire  

回帖(1)

孔德羲

2018-12-21 17:43:23
> {quote:title = glemire写道:} {quote}>你好,>> 1)我的DUT传输波形的振幅约为1V pp。一般情况下,你建议在测量具有此度数的有源设备时使用衰减器。
>大约7 dBm,应该没问题。
> 2)我的IF_BW设置为大约1kohm。
我正以10 MHz的步幅从10MHz-18GHz扫描。
这似乎是一个合理的值,但你建议使用i)平均,ii)平滑和iii)不同的IF_BW设置?
你可能意味着1kHz,而不是kohm。
除非你在测量中看到太多的噪音,否则我会推荐它。
> 3)我注意到当我减小IF_BW时,扫描需要更长的时间。
根据我的理解,减少IF_BW将减少随机噪声并降低我的本底噪声,但我不确定为什么扫描需要更长时间。
我假设IF滤波器正好位于接收器中的ADC之前。
测量采集时间为1 / BW,因此1kHz表示每点1毫秒测量。
使IF BW更小使得测量时间成比例地更长。
> 4)进行此类热测量时,您可以推荐什么?
这些热测量有点棘手。
S11始终是热测量,但通常在S22测量期间,端口1上的源关闭。
您可以联系当地的安捷伦应用工程师以获得更多信息,因为详细信息有点难以通过论坛提供。

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

> {quote:title=glemire wrote:}{quote}
> hello,

> 1) the amplitude of my DUT transmitted waveform is about 1V pp. In general do you recommend using attenuators when measuring an active device with this ampitude. 
>
That's roughly 7 dBm, should be OK.
> 2) I have my IF_BW set to be about 1kohm. I am sweeping from 10MHz-18GHz in 10 MHz steps. This seems to be a reasonable value, but do you recommend using i) averaging, ii) smoothing and iii) differant IF_BW setting?
You probably mean 1kHz, not kohm.  It is what I would recommend unless you see too much noise in the measurement.
> 3) I notice that when I reduce the IF_BW, the sweep takes a longer time. From what i understand reducing the IF_BW will reduce the random noise and lower my noise floor, but I am not sure why the sweep would take longer. I assume the IF filter is right before the ADCs in the receiver. 
The measurement acquisition time is 1/BW, so 1kHz means 1 msec measurement per point.  Making the IF BW smaller makes the measurement time proportionately longer.
> 4) anything elsethat you can recommend when doing this type of a hot measurement?

These hot measurements are a little tricky. S11 is always a hot measurement, but usually during the S22 measurement, the source on port 1 is turned off.
You might contact your local  Agilent Application Engineer to get more insight, as the details are bit hard to give over the forum.
举报

更多回帖

发帖
完善资料,
赚取积分