另一种选择是在两条迹线之间使用具有数学函数的频率偏移。
我可以设置一个带有两个迹线的通道(S21和S31)并在外部设备配置菜单中设置外部LO发生器,但是我没有在频率偏移菜单中看到外部发生器。
看起来像频率偏移选项不能像SMC选项那样测量当前固件配置中的IO解调器。
有没有办法强制外部发生器出现在频率偏移菜单中?
有没有其他方法可以测量ENA E5080A上的IQ去调制器相位/幅度差异?
演示ENA E5080A的固件版本为A.11.00.04。
我知道我可以在PNA-X上进行测量,但是我们需要低成本解决方案来解决为什么我们要研究ENA E5080A。
问候。
ENA E5080A_Frequency offset menu.png35.7 KBENA E5080A_firmaware _options.png43.1 KB

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

I got demo of ENA E5080A to determine if I will be able measure IF output IQ de-modulator phase/amplitude difference.
We did that before using old 8753E/D ....  The problem with the old 8753 is that they apparently can't live forever :)  
We looking for new solution.
I stated that the ENA is a demo as it have most of the available options, including frequency offset.
So what my problem:  
If I am using SMC (mixer scalar) option I can choose and output receive, the only problem I can choose only one receiver (I need two).
If I add additional trace with in SMC channel you still can only use one receiver with in that particular channel.  
To be clear I need to use external generator for the LO that I was able to configure and set in SMC channel.   
Look like SMC option will not work to measure IQ de-modulator in current firmware configuration.

Another option is to use Frequency Offset with math function between two traces. I can set one channel with two trace (S21 & S31) and set external LO generator in External Devices Configuration menu, however I do not see that external generator in Frequency Offset menu.
Look like Frequency Offset option will not work to measure IO de-modulator in current firmware configuration as in SMC option.

Is there any way to force the external generator to appear in frequency offset menu?

Is there any other approach to do measure IQ de-modulator phase/amplitude difference on ENA E5080A?

The demo ENA E5080A have firmware revision A.11.00.04.

I know that I can do that measurement on PNA-X, however we need low cost solution that why we are looking in to ENA E5080A.

Regards.   
附件

回帖(4)

刘华湘

2018-10-8 14:45:34
只需使用2个SMC通道,一个测量SC21,另一个测量SC31。
这就是我们在使用差分IQ应用程序之前在PNA-X中完成它的方式。
但是,在您的帖子中,您提到要测量相位和幅度差异。
E5080A上的SMC应用仅支持幅度测量。
ENA也支持VMC(通过宏),所以你可以用这种方式进行相位测量,但是我不熟悉那个盒子,知道你是否可以使用4端口上的宏来测量VC21和VC31
框。
以下是有关ENA上FCA选项的更多信息:[http://ena.support.keysight.com/e5080a/manuals/webhelp/eng/applications/freqoffset/fca_use.htm#FCAOptions]

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

just use 2 SMC channels, one that measures SC21 and another that measures SC31.  This is how we did it in the PNA-X before we had the Differential IQ application.

however, in your post you mentioned that you want to measure both phase and magnitude differences.  the SMC application on the E5080A only supports magnitude measurements.  the ENA also supports VMC (through a macro), so you might be able to do the phase measurement that way, but I am not familiar enough with that box to know if you can measure VC21 and VC31 using the macro on a 4-port box.

here is more info about the FCA options on the ENA:

[http://ena.support.keysight.com/e5080a/manuals/webhelp/eng/applications/freqoffset/fca_use.htm#FCAOptions]
举报

王玉英

2018-10-8 15:02:36
引用: Topcbpcba 发表于 2018-10-2 08:02
只需使用2个SMC通道,一个测量SC21,另一个测量SC31。
这就是我们在使用差分IQ应用程序之前在PNA-X中完成它的方式。
但是,在您的帖子中,您提到要测量相位和幅度差异。

嗨Daras Thant你快速重播。
我在VMC中看到(矢量混音器校准)在源中有很多限制,可以移动还是不移动。
奥斯陆设置两个通道并不能满足所有必要的要求。
我需要执行调整,并运行两个通道,这意味着顺序测量。
这不是很好的方法。
在我的情况下,两个接收器之间的简单定量就足以进行测量,问​​题是要正确控制RF和LO扫描的源,RF是固定的,LO是固定的,以及接收器频率的位置。
这里频率偏移选项应该有用。
我认为这是最好的选择,但看起来Keysight软件组需要修改固件(因为它在PNA-X中)并且在频率偏移mod(SMC和VMC之外)中启用外部发生器支持。
该选项将为此网络分析器增加许多灵活性。
如果有可能,请告诉我。
问候。

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

Hi Daras

Thant you for the quick replay.

I see in the VMC (Vector Mixer Calibration) have a lot of limitation in source what can or can not be move.
Oslo setting two channel do not salve all the necessary requirements. I need to perform tuning, and running two channel, that mean sequential measurements. That not exactly good approach.
In my case simple ration between two receiver is sufficient to do the measurement, the problem is to properly control the sources where RF and LO is swept, RF  is fix and LO is fix, and where the receiver frequency is. Here where the Frequency Offset option should be useful. 
I thinking that the best option, but it look like Keysight software group need to modified firmware (as it is in PNA-X)  and enable the external generator support in frequency offset mod ( outside of SMC and VMC). 
That option will add a lot of flexibility to this Network Analyzer.
Let me know if there is any possibility for that.

Regards.
举报

刘华湘

2018-10-8 15:11:15
引用: e08506806 发表于 2018-10-2 08:19
嗨Daras Thant你快速重播。
我在VMC中看到(矢量混音器校准)在源中有很多限制,可以移动还是不移动。
奥斯陆设置两个通道并不能满足所有必要的要求。

> {quote:title = mirek写道:} {quote}>我认为这是最好的选择,但看起来Keysight软件组需要修改固件(因为它在PNA-X中)并在频率偏移中启用外部生成器支持
mod(SMC和VMC之外)。
>该选项将为此网络分析器增加许多灵活性。
>如果有可能,请告诉我。
>>问候。
我的实验室里没有E5080A,但根据我的同事,负责该ENA的新固件,外部源控制在E5080A中工作,就像在PNA-X中一样。
要在FOM中使用外部源,您必须先在“外接控制器”对话框中配置它们并激活它们。
一旦激活,外部源将显示在FOM和电源和衰减器对话框中,您可以在其中控制频率和功率(并设置您想要的任何扫描类型)。

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

> {quote:title=mirek wrote:}{quote}
> I thinking that the best option, but it look like Keysight software group need to modified firmware (as it is in PNA-X)  and enable the external generator support in frequency offset mod ( outside of SMC and VMC). 
> That option will add a lot of flexibility to this Network Analyzer.
> Let me know if there is any possibility for that.

> Regards.

I don't have an E5080A in my lab, but according to my colleague, who worked on the new firmware for that ENA, the external source control does work in the E5080A, just as it does in the PNA-X.  to use external sources in FOM, you have to first configure them in the External Device dialog and activate them.  once activated, the external source would show up in the FOM and the power and attenuators dialog, where you can control the frequency and power (and setup whatever sweep type you want).
举报

王玉英

2018-10-8 15:20:36
引用: Topcbpcba 发表于 2018-10-2 08:28
> {quote:title = mirek写道:} {quote}>我认为这是最好的选择,但看起来Keysight软件组需要修改固件(因为它在PNA-X中)并在频率偏移中启用外部生成器支持
mod(SMC和VMC之外)。
>该选项将为此网络分析器增加许多灵活性。

我看到了自己的错误。
在外部设备配置中,我没有启用“Active - 在UI中显示”。
一旦我这样做,生成器出现在频率偏移菜单中。
这应该形成我。
再次感谢。
问候。

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

I see my mistake. In the external devices configuration I did not enable "Active - Show in UI".
Once I did that the generator show up in the Frequency offset menu.
This should wok form me.

Thank again.

Regards.
举报

更多回帖

发帖
完善资料,
赚取积分