英伟达
直播中

陈红娟

7年用户 153经验值
私信 关注
[问答]

Microsoft Server 2012R2/RemoteFX是否与M6/M60兼容?

简而言之,Tesla M6 / M60是否与Microsoft Server 2012R2 / RemoteFX兼容以进行虚拟化?
多年前的一个微软博客列出了与K1 / K2的兼容性,但此后一直没有更新。
我们对VMWare或Citrix不感兴趣。
我正在寻找一个或两个新服务器,但我找不到任何信息。
谢谢

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

Simply put, is  the Tesla M6/M60 compatible with Microsoft Server 2012R2/RemoteFX for virtualization?

A Microsoft blog from a number of years ago listed compatibility with K1/K2 but it has not been updated since.  We have no interest in VMWare or Citrix.

I am looking at getting a new server or two but I cant find any information.

Thanks

回帖(9)

刘海欢

2018-9-19 17:05:00
嗨Trollkeeper,
REmoteFX的工作方式有点不同(有时称为vGPU),所有需要使用GPU的是与Windows 2012 R2兼容的GPU,而RemoteFX协议对GPU的使用将由Microsoft GPU提供。
M60 / M6 / M10都支持Windows 2012 R2,所以你没问题,因为没有直接的互操作(可能为什么信息在互联网上如此轻松)。
我会尝试写一些正式的文档。
RemoteFX“vGPU”不是硬件-vGPU(根据Citrix / VMware),并且在两者之间使用OS,您将看不到与任何GPU供应商的hardware-vGPU相同的好处。
最好的祝愿,
雷切尔

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

Hi Trollkeeper,

The way REmoteFX works is a bit different (it's sometimes called vGPU), all it needs to use the GPU is a GPU compatible with windows 2012 R2 and the RemoteFX protocol's use of the GPU will be provided by the Microsoft GPU. The M60/M6/M10 all support Windows 2012 R2 so you will be fine as there is no direct interop (probably why info is so light on it on hte internet). I'll try and get some formal documentation written up.

The RemoteFX "vGPU" isn't hardware-vGPU (as per Citrix/VMware) and with the OS in between you won't see the same benefits as hardware-vGPU from any GPU vendor.

Best wishes,
Rachel
举报

杜文渊

2018-9-19 17:20:19
嗨RachelBerry
您的信息在RemoteFX上不准确
“在Windows Server 2012中,RemoteFX vGPU允许虚拟机中的渲染和计算操作使用虚拟主机上的物理GPU进行硬件加速。在Windows Server中提供硬件加速体验涉及多个组件”
链接到完整文章:
https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/rds/2014/06/06/understanding-and-evaluating-remotefx-vgpu-on-windows-server-2012-r2/
您所说的是Server 2012中的RDP情况,但是当您打开RemoteFX时它确实使用了硬件。
我可以确认我的K1网格卡的区别。
如果我通过将客户端上的网络管道丢弃到100 MBit来关闭RemoteFX,我会安装一个不同的虚拟图形适配器,它可以作为基于软件的图形控制器运行。
当我将其切换到千兆位时,我会在具有硬件加速功能的虚拟机上安装不同的驱动程序。
我测试了与RemoteFX兼容的SolidWorks。
软件和硬件支持之间的区别非常明显。
遗憾的是,Autodesk套件没有支持K1虚拟化的驱动程序,只能运行软件模式。
由于缺乏对OpenGL的支持,许多其他软件套件也仅运行基于软件的模式,这应该是Server 2016中支持的.DirectX是目前唯一支持RemoteFX的协议。
但问题是是否支持M6 / M60卡。
仅仅因为有卡的驱动程序并不意味着可以使用在Hyper-V上启用RemoteFX的所有重要复选框。
如果那个复选框不可用,那么在卡上花费数千美元绝对没有用,因为你将无法使用它。

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

Hi RachelBerry

Your information is not accurate on RemoteFX

"In Windows Server 2012, the RemoteFX vGPU allows render and compute operations in a virtual machine to be hardware accelerated using a physical GPU on the virtualization host. There are multiple components involved in delivering a hardware accelerated experience in Windows Server"

link to full article:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/rds/2014/06/06/understanding-and-evaluating-remotefx-vgpu-on-windows-server-2012-r2/

What you are saying is the case with RDP in Server 2012, but when you switch on RemoteFX it does use the hardware.  I can confirm the difference on my K1 Grid cards.  If I switch down RemoteFX by dropping the network pipe on the client to 100 MBit I get a different virtual graphics adapter installed which does operate as a software based graphics controller.  When I switch it up to gigabit I get a different driver installed on the virtual which has hardware acceleration.

I tested SolidWorks out which is compatible with RemoteFX.  The difference between software and hardware support is very noticeable.  The Autodesk suite unfortunately doesn't have a driver to support the K1 virtualization and runs software mode only.  Many other software suites only run software based mode as well due to the lack of support for OpenGL, something that is supposed to be supported in Server 2016.  DirectX is currently the only supported protocol for RemoteFX.

The issue is however if the M6/M60 card is supported.  Just because there are drivers for the card does not mean that the all important check box to enable RemoteFX on Hyper-V will be available.  And if that checkbox is not available then there is absolutely no use in spending the thousands of dollars on the card as you will get no use of it.
举报

李猛

2018-9-19 17:36:21
雷切尔的信息绝对准确。
RemoteFX虚拟图形适配器使用API​​拦截机制,该机制从来宾VM中的Microsoft驱动程序转换API调用,并将这些调用传递给Hyper-V主机中的硬件驱动程序。
您在K2上看到的是Microsoft驱动程序拦截并转换这些API调用并将它们传递给Hyper-V主机中的Nvidia驱动程序。
值得注意的还有几点
Remote FX虚拟图形适配器仅在功能齐全的RemoteFX会话中启用,任何其他连接方法都禁用它。
它也仅限于DirectX,2012R2版本不支持OpenGL(虽然Server 2016可以)。
所以我很惊讶你看到Solidworks使用GPU(它可能在非常低的功能级别上运行在CPU上)。
无论如何,你问过M60对Hyper-V的支持。
对于M60,目前还没有正式的裸机部署支持,这种类型的安装是因为它安装在Server 2012R2中(不支持核心服务,你必须拥有GUI)。
有几个原因可能会在未来发生变化。
但是,如果您很高兴测试不支持的功能,Tesla M60在技术上可以与Hyper-V 2012R2一起使用,以提供虚拟图形功能。
您将需要主机中的其他图形适配器来安装您的操作系统,您仍然需要在vPC版级别上为每个正在运行的VM获取许可证。
获得这些许可证并因此访问许可证门户后,您就可以下载适用于Windows驱动程序的GRID。
评估许可证是可用的btw。
随着即将发布的Server 2016,Nvidia计划支持Tesla M60,M6和新推出的DDA M10主板。
自Server 2016 TP4以来,此功能已可用于试用,因此使用与上述相同的驱动程序,您可以测试该功能。
如果您有M60卡并需要评估许可证,可以在此处申请:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/grid-evaluation.html

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

Rachel's information is absolutely accurate.

RemoteFX virtual graphics adapter uses an API interception mechanism that translates API calls from the Microsoft driver in the guest VM and passes those calls to the hardware driver in the Hyper-V host.

What you see with the K2 is the Microsoft driver intercepting and translating those API calls and passing them to the Nvidia driver in the Hyper-V host.

It's also worth noting a couple of things

The Remote FX virtual graphics adapter is only enabled in fully featured RemoteFX sessions, any other connection method disables it.

It's also limited to DirectX, OpenGL is not supported in the 2012R2 release ( Server 2016 does though). So I'm surprised you're seeing Solidworks use the GPU (it may be running on CPU at a very low feature level).

Anyhow, you asked about M60 support for Hyper-V.

In the case of the M60 there is currently no official support for bare metal deployments, which this type of installation is becasue it's installed into Server 2012R2 (no support for core services, you must have the GUI).

There are several reasons for this which may change in the future.

However, if you're happy testing out an unsupported feature, the Tesla M60 can technically be used with Hyper-V 2012R2 to deliver the virtual graphic functionality. You will need an additional graphics adapter in the host to install your OS and you will still require a license for each running VM at the level of vPC Edition. Once you have these licenses and hence access to the license portal you will be able to download the GRID for Windows drivers. Evaluation licenses are available btw.

With the upcoming release of Server 2016 Nvidia plans to support  Tesla M60, M6 and the newly announced M10 boards for DDA. This feature has been available for trial since Server 2016 TP4, so with the same drivers as above you can test the functionality.

If you have an M60 card and require evaluation licenses, you can request them here:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/grid-evaluation.html
举报

孔喆

2018-9-19 17:48:58
RemoteFX“vGPU”将使用GPU,因此在某种程度上会发生硬件加速,但因为它是通过操作系统有一个adidtional cerittion / support层,你获得的加速水平将低于vSphere / XenServer vGPU。
因此,虽然GPU将使您受益,但您将无法获得与硬件vGPU堆栈相同的优势。
这有助于使其更清晰吗?
对不起,如果不清楚...请提出更多问题......

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

RemoteFX "vGPU" will use the GPU so hardware acceleration to some extent will occur but because it's via the OS there is an adidtional ceritfication/support layer and the level of acceleration you get will be below that of vSphere/XenServer vGPU. So whilst a GPU will benefit you, you won't get the same level of benefit as on the hardware vGPU stacks.

Does that help make it clearer? Sorry if it wasn't clear... please do ask more questions...
举报

更多回帖

发帖
完善资料,
赚取积分