在后一种情况下,尝试所有100个表格对我来说可能是值得的。
PS:设备是Spartan-6,它放置在地图阶段,所以我在这里添加了成本表标志。
我假设成本表选择被隐藏在ncd的某处,以便路由器可以检索它...
PPS:这是一个疯狂密集的设计;
如果没有放置限制,它甚至不会以10mhz路由。
因此,我可能在par工具的预期使用模型之外运行。

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

Suppose I have a design in which every last BEL is LOC'd to a fixed location, so that the placer has essentially zero freedom.

Question: will changing the cost table influence the behavior of the router?

For the record, I am working with a design that is about 95% fixed-placement, so changing the cost table definitely affects my design.  The placement of the last 5% is just fine, but I'm getting some suboptimal results from the router -- it's doing some kind of dumb things routing paths between LOC'd cells.  I'd like to know if it's worth buying time on Amazon EC2 for an exhaustive exploration of all 100 cost tables.  Unfortunately right now I can't tell if changing the cost table is affecting the router because it's changing the placement of that last 5% (which has a "ripple effect" on congestion in the LOC'd areas) or whether changing the cost table actually results in significantly different router behavior.  In the latter case it's probably worth it for me to try all 100 tables.

PS: the device is Spartan-6, which does placement in the map stage, so that's where I'm adding the cost-table flag.  I assume the cost table choice gets stashed somewhere in the ncd so that the router can retrieve it...

PPS: this is an insanely dense design; it won't even route at 10mhz without the placement constraints.  So it might be that I'm operating outside the intended usage model for the par tools.

回帖(10)

李富才

2018-10-11 14:56:05
成本表仅通过在早期注入一些随机性来影响放置。
完全没有对路由器的影响。
在原帖中查看解决方案

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

Cost tables only affect placement by injecting some randomness early on. There is no affect on the router at all.
View solution in original post
举报

李富才

2018-10-11 15:06:22
成本表仅通过在早期注入一些随机性来影响放置。
完全没有对路由器的影响。

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

Cost tables only affect placement by injecting some randomness early on. There is no affect on the router at all.
举报

潘璐

2018-10-11 15:11:39
谢谢,bwade!
这使我免于花时间(和金钱)进行一项无法奏效的实验。

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

Thank you, bwade!  That saved me from spending time (and money) on an experiment which wouldn't have worked.
举报

胡丹丹

2018-10-11 15:27:13
“PPS:这是一个非常密集的设计;如果没有放置限制,它甚至不能以10mhz路由。所以可能是我在par工具的预期使用模式之外操作。”
您是否已在MAP阶段实施了所有可用选项以减少逻辑拥塞(例如全局优化,等效寄存器删除等)以帮助在设备中创建一些空间?
您是否以最佳方式使用设备资源(例如,将同步resetFSM移动到本地BRAM而不是在切片中占用LUT等)?
我正在努力缩小从LX45T到LX25T的设计,坦率地说,我正在通过利用Spartan 6架构产生一些惊人的结果(无论如何我都很惊讶)。
如果您还没有,我完全建议您使用UG687 v13.3的大部分内容来帮助优化设计。
问候,
霍华德
----------“我们必须学会做的事情,我们从实践中学习。”
- 亚里士多德

以上来自于谷歌翻译

以下为原文

"PPS: this is an insanely dense design; it won't even route at 10mhz without the placement constraints.  So it might be that I'm operating outside the intended usage model for the par tools."

Have you implemented all of the available options at the MAP stage to reduce logic congestion (e.g. global optimisation, equivalent register removal, etc.) to help create some space in the device?

Are you utilising the device resources in the most optimal way (e.g. moving synchronously reset FSMs into local BRAM rather than taking up LUTs in slices, etc.)?

I'm working with shrinking a design from an LX45T to an LX25T and, frankly, I'm producing some amazing results (amazing to me, anyway) by taking advantage of the Spartan 6 architecture.

If you haven't already, I thoroughly recommend working through most sections of UG687 v13.3 to help optimise the design.

Regards,

Howard

----------
"That which we must learn to do, we learn by doing." - Aristotle
举报

更多回帖

发帖
完善资料,
赚取积分